About Access to Success
What is Access to Success?
Access To Success Program is a one year program that is designed to successfully assist first year students in their transition to campus life at IU Southeast. Peer Mentors provide one-on-one mentoring services for the students who qualify for the Access To Success Program.
What is the Collegiate Summer Institute?
The Collegiate Summer Institute or CSI is the summer component of the Access To Success Program which begins the second Friday in July and meets for four consecutive Fridays from 9:30-2:00.
This fun and engaging program is geared towards early college preparation for first year students at IU Southeast.
Why participate in the program?
- Receive Special Credit for the First Year Seminar Course by attending all four sessions of the Collegiate Summer Institute
- Experience Early Preparation during the Summer and ongoing assistance during your first year college experience at IU Southeast
- Meet with a Peer Mentor for your first year at IU Southeast
- Receive Advice regarding College Expectations
- Learn about the Campus Culture, Support Services, and University Facilities
- Ease into college through the Center for Mentoring Activities and Events
Who can participate in the Access To Success Program
- First Generation Students
- Minority Students
- Adult learners 25 and over
- Twenty-first Century Scholars
If interested, please complete the Access To Success Student Mentee Application.