National Mentoring Month
National Mentoring Month celebrates mentoring and the positive effect it can have on each of our lives. Its goals are to:
- Raise awareness of the need for mentoring in its various forms.
- Recruit individuals to mentor and to be a positive role model in someone’s life.
As a highlight of National Mentoring Month 2019, Thank Your Mentor Day™ will be celebrated January 31, 2019. On Thank Your Mentor Day, you can reach out to thank or honor those individuals who encouraged and guided you, and had a lasting, positive impact on your life.
These are simple ways you can thank your mentor:
- Contact your mentor directly to express your appreciation;
- Express your gratitude on social media with a message and use #MentorIRL
- Pass it on by becoming a mentor;
- Write a tribute to your mentor for posting on the “Who Mentored You?” website.
Other ways to celebrate National Mentoring Month are:
- "I Am a Mentor" Day on January 4, 2019 and share your experience on social media using #MentorIRL.
- Serve your community on MLK Day of Service, January 21, 2019, by looking for a mentoring opportunity in your area.
- Attend the Center for Mentoring's National Mentoring Month Celebration on January 9, 2019.
- "Thank Your Mentor" Day on January 31, 2019, a day for all who have real life mentoring experiences to thank those who helped them on their path to adulthood and beyond. #ThankYourMentorDay