Are you a college graduate seeking an advanced certificate you can tailor to your own personal or professional needs?
Our graduate certificate in digital media delivers a unique mix of substance and flexibility to help you attain your goals. And it places you within easy reach of a master’s degree, to help you advance at a time when synergies among varied skillsets is in high demand.
All of the requirements for the graduate certificate are also requirements for the master’s degree. Students who choose to continue would need to complete an additional M.I.S. seminar, 9 additional elective credit hours, and 6 credit hours of work on a thesis project. In total, completing the Master of Interdisciplinary Studies would require an additional 19 credit hours.
All courses are 3 credit hours unless otherwise noted.
6 credit hours
- IDIS-D 512 / JOUR-J 301 - Social Media Strategies
- IDIS-D 513 / INFO-I 300 - Human Computer Interaction
Choose one of the following
3 credit hours
- IDIS-D 513 / INFO-I 330 - Legal and Social Informatics of Security
- IDIS-D 513 / INFO-I 368 - Introduction to Network Science
- IDIS-D 513 / INFO-I 421 - Applications of Data Mining
- IDIS-D 513 / INFO-I 441 - Interaction Design Practice
Choose two of the following
6 credit hours
- IDIS-D 511 / SPCH-S 307 - Crisis Management
- IDIS-D 511 / SPCH-S 333 - Public Relations
- IDIS-D 512 / JOUR-J 303 - Online Journalism
- IDIS-D 512 / JOUR-J 321 - Principles of Public Relations
- IDIS-D 512 / JOUR-C 327 - Writing for Publication
- IDIS-D 512 / JOUR-J 344 - Photojournalism Reporting
- IDIS-D 512 / JOUR-J 349 - Public Relations Writing
- IDIS-D 512 / JOUR-J 354 - Photojournalism Editing
- IDIS-D 512 / JOUR-J 362 - Multimedia Reporting
- IDIS-D 512 / JOUR-J 384 - Video-journalism
Advising in the M.I.S. graduate certificate program takes place both during the admissions process, when the director schedules an initial conversation with the applicant upon receipt of the complete application, and continuously over the course of the program, as individual degree pathways evolve.
For more information, contact Dr. Sara Walsh, director of the M.I.S. program.
Sara M. Walsh Ph.D.
Director, Master of Interdisciplinary Studies Program
Associate Professor of Criminology & Criminal Justice
Crestview Hall 123
Phone: (812) 941-2296