The purpose of the B/MD Program is:
- To increase the number of physicians providing medical services to residents residing in Southeastern and Southern Indiana.
- To increase opportunities for Indiana residents, especially those in the Southeastern and southern portions of the state, to obtain education and training at the Indiana University School of Medicine.
- To enhance the state's efforts in medical education, research, and services focusing on medical issues in Indiana.
Students eligible to apply to the program will be residents of Indiana and meet the following criteria:
- a minimum SAT score of 1860 or ACT score of 29.
- a high school grade point average of 4.0.