To provide early intervention for students who are not meeting or who are minimally meeting expectations in the classroom and clinical setting.
- Students who consistently score below 80 percent on quizzes, tests and papers in the classroom will be notified at mid-term by the instructor or course leader.
- The student will be asked to complete a study plan designed to improve progress and successfully complete the course.The plan will be submitted to the instructor with follow-up discussion as needed.
- Students are encouraged to meet with the instructor to help improve academic performance early on.
- Students whose clinical performance is marginal or does not meet expectations will be counseled by faculty as issues arise.
- If the student’s performance is consistently below expectations, the clinical instructor will initiate a written contract to identify performance problems and make recommendations for improvement. The instructor and student will discuss the clinical contract, then sign and date the document. Clinical contracts are binding and failure to meet expectations can result in course failure.