Student Involvement in the Community
As a part of their education, senior nursing students become actively involved, under the guidance of faculty, in a variety of community projects. Examples of recent community projects include:
- Obtaining food pantry donations for a local homeless shelter in Clark County
- Supporting a county health department to provide health assessments and education on health promotion to Amish school students in Washington County
- Working with the Floyd County Center for Women and Children
- Educating pregnant residents at the Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women
- Providing support during annual flu immunizations in Harrison County
IU Southeast nursing students in community pediatrics at Camp Quality in 2013 for children experiencing cancer. Students were dressed for the Costume Party.