A-1. Academic Standing for Students Enrolled in the Nursing Major
Target Group: Basic BSN and RN-BSN Students
Policy Type: Revision
Good Standing: Students who maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 and earn a grade of “C”(2.0) or better in all required general education and didactic courses and a grade of “S” in all required practicum/clinical courses will be considered in good standing.
Academic Probation: A student will be placed on probation when any of the following conditions exist:
- The cumulative GPA falls below “C” (2.0).
- The semester GPA falls below “C” (2).
- A grade below “C” (2.0) has been received in a required didactic course or a grade of “F” has bee earned in a required practicum/clinical course.
Academic probation will be removed when all of the following conditions exist:
- The cumulative GPA is “C” (2.0) or higher.
- The semester GPA is “C” (2.0) or higher.
- A minimum grade of “C” (2.0) has been received in the required didactic courses completed, and a grade of “S” has been earned in the required practicum/clinical courses completed.
- All other specific conditions, if required, have been met.
Effective Date: Fall 1993
Approved by: Admission, Progression, Graduation Committee: December 7, 2009
Approved by: Council of Nursing Faculty: December 12, 2009
- A-1 Academic Standing for Students Enrolled in the Nursing Major
- A-2 Baccalaureate Admission Policy
- A-3 Calculating Grade Point Averages for Students Applying to the BSN Program
- A-4 Academically At-Risk Students
- A-5 Admission and Readmission Practices
- A-6 Portfolio Review
- A-7 Special Credit / Advanced Standing