A-7. Special Credit / Advanced Standing
Target Group: RN-BSN Students
Policy Type: Revision
To provide a mechanism for the RN-BSN student to apply credit for foundational courses from the Associate Degree or Diploma program towards the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree.
- At the time of admission RN students will be reviewed as candidates for advanced standing in the BSN program.
- RN students who successfully complete the RN to BSN Transition courses and successfully complete all pre and co-requisite course work may receive advanced standing via special
- Special credit will be awarded for the following nursing courses once the Professional Nursing Seminars are completed and students have paid any specified credit hour special fees:
- B230 Developmental Issues and Health
- B248 Science and Technology of Nursing
- B249 Science and Technology Practicum
- H351 Alterations in Neuro-Psychological Nursing
- H352 Alterations in Neuro-Psychological Nursing: Practicum
- H353 Alterations in Health
- H354 Alterations in Health I: Practicum
- H361 Alterations in Health II
- H362 Alterations in Health II: Practicum
- H363 The Developing Family and Child
- H364 The Developing Family and Child: Practicum
- S470 Restorative Health: Multi-System Failures
- S471 Restorative Health: Multi-System Failures: Practicum
- A grade of S (Satisfactory) will be recorded on the student’s transcript for the above courses according to criteria determined by faculty.
- Special credit does not count toward residency credit.
Effective Date: Fall 1990
Approved by: Admission, Progression, Graduation Committee: February 8, 2010
Approved by: Council of Nursing Faculty: March 15, 2010
- A-1 Academic Standing for Students Enrolled in the Nursing Major
- A-2 Baccalaureate Admission Policy
- A-3 Calculating Grade Point Averages for Students Applying to the BSN Program
- A-4 Academically At-Risk Students
- A-5 Admission and Readmission Practices
- A-6 Portfolio Review
- A-7 Special Credit / Advanced Standing