C-11. Reinstatement to the Nursing Major
Target Group: Basic BSN and RN-BSN Students
Policy Type: Revision
To provide consistency in readmission to the nursing program.
- Students who have interrupted their course of study for any reason may request to be reinstated to the nursing program through the Admission, Progression, Graduation (APG) committee.
- Students who fail a nursing or pre-requisite course (that precludes progression in the curriculum) or withdraw from nursing courses in the first semester of the nursing program are not eligible for reinstatement. These students must reapply to the program. Readmission is subject to competitive review.
- To be reinstated to the nursing program the student must meet with the academic advisor before submitting the request for reinstatement to the Admission, Progression, Graduation (APG) committee.
- The student submits a written request for reinstatement to the academic advisor who forwards it to the APG committee for consideration. The committee reviews documentation from the student file and the written request to support or deny reinstatement.
- The student will appear before the APG committee only at the request of the committee.
- Additional documentation may be requested by the committee in order to make a decision about reinstatement.
- The student will be notified in writing of the committee’s decision. The Committee’s reinstatement does not guarantee a seat for the student. Reinstatement may depend upon the availability of space in the class.
Effective Date: Summer 1994
Approved by: Admission, Progression, Graduation Committee: December 7, 2009
Approved by: Council of Nursing Faculty:December 12, 2009
III. General Policies
- C-1 Annual Requirements and Registering for Nursing Classes
- C-2 Approval of Undistributed Courses
- C-3 Definition of Clock Hour per Credit Hour
- C-4 Course Time Limit
- C-5 Essential Abilities
- C-6 Nursing Scholarships / Financial Assistance
- C-7 Academics and Grievances
- C-8 Use of Social Media and other Electronic Communication
- C-9 Withdrawl from Nursing Courses
- C-10 Dismissal Policy
- C-11 Reinstatement to the Nursing Major
- C-12 Clinical Contracts
- C-13 Student Retention Algorithm