C-2. Approval of Undistributed Courses
Target Group: Basic BSN and RN-BSN Students
Policy Type: New Policy
To provide for an orderly, consistent approach to application of transferred undistributed courses* to the student’s degree plan.
Students may progress toward the BSN degree by applying undistributed course work toward General Education or Nursing course credit. The Admission, Progression, Graduation (APG) committee reviews the student request to approve or deny credit as appropriate.
- The student submits a packet to the academic advisor for the APG committee that includes:
- A written request to the APG committee to approve the undistributed course, specifically noting the general education or nursing requirement the course is to meet.
- The course syllabus with goals and objectives or course description from an official website our college bulletin from the transferring academic institution.
- The APG committee responds to the student in writing. If approved, the academic advisor applies the course to the student’s degree plan.
* Undistributed courses are courses transferred from another academic institution that are not IU Southeast equivalent courses, however, the student is granted credit for the course on the credit transfer report.
Effective Date: Fall 2001
Approved by: Admission, Progression, Graduation Committee: December 7, 2009
Approved by: Council of Nursing Faculty: December 12, 2009
III. General Policies
- C-1 Annual Requirements and Registering for Nursing Classes
- C-2 Approval of Undistributed Courses
- C-3 Definition of Clock Hour per Credit Hour
- C-4 Course Time Limit
- C-5 Essential Abilities
- C-6 Nursing Scholarships / Financial Assistance
- C-7 Academics and Grievances
- C-8 Use of Social Media and other Electronic Communication
- C-9 Withdrawal from Nursing Courses
- C-10 Dismissal Policy
- C-11 Reinstatement to the Nursing Major
- C-12 Clinical Contracts
- C-13 Student Retention Algorithm