- Modern Languages Film Festival
- Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 7:00 pm
- Friday, February 15, 2013 at 7:00 pm
- Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 7:00 pm
- Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 7:00 pm
- The Recital Hall
- Ticket Price: FREE, not ticketed
|Yojimbo (1961): February 14, Thursday, 7 pm
Directed by Akira Kurosawa, Japanese, 110 minutes.
Jésus de Montréal (1989): February 15, Friday, 7 pmDirected by Denys Arcand, French, 120 minutes.
A group of actors putting on an interpretive Passion Play in Montreal begin to experience a meshing of their characters and their private lives as the production takes form against the growing opposition of the Catholic church. This excellent
Quebec movie received numerous honors including the Prize of the Ecumenical Jury at the Cannes Festival and an Academy Awards nomination.
Cherry Blossoms (2008): February 16, Saturday, 7 pm
Directed by Doris Dörrie, English, German and Japanese,
Machuca: (2004): February 17, Sunday, 7pm
Directed by Andrés Wood, Spanish, 115 minutes.
For more information call: 941-2232, 941-2620, 941-2230, 941-2128 or 941-2142