Roles & Responsibilities
While the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs has overall responsibility for academic assessment (Program Assessment and Classroom Assessment) at IU Southeast, other administrative units also have responsibilities related to Program Assessment.
- The Academic Assessment Committee, a Faculty Senate committee, is responsible for monitoring assessment of academic achievement in undergraduate and graduate programs, providing oversight and guidance for academic units in the development of their assessment programs, and making recommendations to support the accreditation process.
- The Director of Institutional Research and Assessment is responsible for assisting programs and faculty with development, implementation, operation, and maintenance of their assessment programs.
- The Programmer Analyst is responsible for providing institutional data related to program assessments. Such data often allow programs to better understand how student characteristics and behaviors are related to program outcomes.
- The Assessment and Research Specialist manages the programmatic and General Education assessment process, offering support, guidance, and development of both processes. Also is responsible for the institutional survey cycle, including the preparation of specialized reports, institutional analysis and data provision, and survey design, collection and analysis.
- Data Analysis and Assessment Assistant coordinates the processing and development of assessment tools and surveys. Also develops report templates and tracks assessment data collection.
- Deans are responsible for the successful operation of assessment programs within their schools.
- Program Coordinators are responsible for developing, implementing, operating, and managing the assessment programs within their academic programs to achieve continuous improvement of student learning.