Roles and Responsibilites
- Keep track of courses in the program that meet general education goals.
- Provide faculty with guidance on meeting the requirements for general education assessment.
- Direct faculty to OIE for assistance with assessment prior to a new course application.
- Collaborate with OIE to collect and submit data by:
- reminding faculty to collect data
- reminding faculty to return data to OIE
- informing new faculty of the process of collecting and submitting data
- Identify objectives to be met in specific course.
- Identify/develop measures for the objectives (using OIE as a resource).
- Develop data collection tool with OIE prior to a new course application.
- Collect data each semester the course is offered.
- Submit data to OIE for summary and reporting.
- Review reports from OIE.
- Make adjustments based on assessment and report those changes to the Gen Ed Committee.
- Act as first point of contact for program coordinators and faculty members. OIE will provide assistance or direct coordinators and faculty members to appropriate resources.
- Work with faculty members to identify/develop measures for gen ed objectives.
- Work with faculty to develop data collection tools.
- Provide tools to faculty every semester.
- Collect, scan, summarize, and report data back to faculty members each semester.
- Provide yearly data summaries to the GEC (at 3-year intervals).