Annual Program Summaries
In recent years there has been a dramatic increase at IUS in formal assessment activities. During the 2004-05 school year, however, the Academic Assessment Committee (AAC) conducted a faculty survey and found that despite generally positive results a significant number of respondents suggested a general lack of understanding of assessment terminology, techniques, and approaches (see Campus Assessment Results). Some faculty also noted a need for dissemination of assessment information and results across campus, all so that the process could be better understood.
In response to this call by IUS faculty, Pat Daly, the 2004-05 AAC chair, created this Assessment Handbook for the Web, which is a chapter by chapter guide for departments when designing, implementing, and conducting program assessment.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1. Introduction
- Chapter 2. Overview of the Assessment Process
- Chapter 3. The Program Mission Statement
- Chapter 4. Establishing Learning Outcomes
- Chapter 5. Choosing Appropriate Assessment Tools
- Chapter 6. Implementing Assessment
- Chapter 7. “Good Practices”
- Chapter 8. Resources and Assessment Web Sites
- Chapter 9. Assessment Vocabulary
Download the entire Assessment Handbook. (All chapters 1 through 9 above)