Hoosier Rideboard is for all IU students, faculty, and staff who are looking for carpool partners or one-time carpool trips. Only IU students, faculty, and staff can register and will be able to see your profile.
Find rides or riders
Use Hoosier Rideboard to travel to:
- Another IU campus
- Class or work
- Concerts or sporting events
- Other cities
- The Indianapolis airport
How does it work?
Start by registering and creating a profile. Only other registered users will be able to see it. Then, you can:
- Post rides or spots in your vehicle. Provide your address to see people who live near you and find the most convenient matches. Your address won't be visible until you choose to share it.
- Search for rides or riders. Enter a ‘one-time trip’ to find or offer rides or ‘carpool’ to find matches and share your routine ride to work or class.
- Contact a prospective travel match by clicking on their profile and sending an email.
- Work out the details of your one-time trip or carpool.
Note: By creating a profile, you agree to the terms and conditions of the program and assume all risks.
What can I use it for?
You can use it for any trip you need to take – we’ve categorized them into “carpool” and “one-time trips."
Who can use it?
Only IU faculty, staff, and students can use Hoosier Rideboard, including regional campuses.
How much does it cost?
The system itself is free to use and does not process payment. Payment, if any, should be determined amongst the parties involved.
Will my address be visible?
Your complete address is not available to other users until you share it with them. Only city, state, and zip are visible to other users.
Can I offer rides with Zipcar or IU Motor Pool?
Yes, you can post seats in a vehicle you’ve reserved from those entities. Zipcar, IU Motor Pool, and other university policy terms and conditions apply.
How do I report a problem?
You can report a problem using the “support” form within Hoosier Rideboard.