This privacy notice applies only to the IU Southeast (https://www.iue.edu/admissions/) and explains our practices concerning the collection, use, and disclosure of constituent information. Constituent information collected for SMS/Text communications by the IU Southeast will be used only as outlined in this privacy notice.
Other units at the university may collect and use constituent information in different ways. Therefore, constituents that visit other university websites or leverage other university communications services should review the privacy notices for the particular sites they visit. IU Southeast is not responsible for the content of other websites/services or for the privacy practices outside the scope of this notice.
Collection and Use
When you opt-in to receiving SMS/Text communications the CRM will automatically collect the sent messages and submitted replies to those messages.
Opting-in to SMS/Text services indicates consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of this information as described in this notice. This technical information is retained and utilized for tracking communication history of messages sent to individual constituents.
Other than automatically collected technical information about your visit (described above, or cookies, described below), we may ask you to provide information voluntarily, such as through forms or other manual input—in order to make communications and services available to you via SMS/Text, to maintain and manage our relationship with you, including providing associated services or to better understand and serve your needs. This information is generally retained as long as you continue to maintain a relationship with Indiana University. Your providing this information is wholly voluntary. However, not providing the requested information (or subsequently asking that the data be removed) may affect our ability to deliver the communications or service for which the information is needed. Providing the requested information indicates your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of this information as described in this notice. Information we may actively collect could include:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Mobile Phone Number
- SMS/Text Opt-in preference
Information Used For Contact
If you supply us with your mobile phone number:
- You may receive periodic communications via SMS/Text from the subscribed Short Code and service keyword that contains marketing, transactional, or general information related to Indiana University
If you do not wish to receive such SMS/Text communications for the subscribed short code let us know by:
- replying to any unwanted texts with the opt-out keyword listed in the corresponding Terms of Service
Disclosure of Information
Other than sharing your information with other appropriate university personnel and units to ensure the quality, functionality, and security of our website, or manage your relationship with us, we will not disclose personally identifiable information about your use of the site except under the following circumstances:
- With your prior written (including email) consent
- When we have given you clear notice that we will disclose information that you voluntarily provide
- With appropriate external parties, such as law enforcement agencies, in order to investigate and respond to suspected violations of law or university policy. Any such disclosures shall comply with all applicable laws and university policies.
We may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information with other entities or organizations.
We may share personally identifiable information with other entities or organizations, under the following circumstances:
This information is:
- not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes
- disclosed when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website and applicable laws, or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website
We may provide this information to:
- other Indiana University units/departments/schools
We may make some personally identifiable information available, such as:
- your name
- your email address
- other contact information, such as address or telephone number
Except as provided in the Disclosure of Information section, we do not attempt to use the technical information discussed in this section to identify individual visitors.
Use of Third Party Services
The IU CRM does not utilize any types of services provided by third parties.
Updating Inaccurate Information
In some cases, we will grant visitors the ability to update or correct inaccuracies in the information that we maintain.
Visitors may correct inaccuracies in:
- contact information that we have on file
Visitors can have this information corrected by:
- sending us email at the listed address
If you have questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us.
ATTN: Office of Admissions
4201 Grant Line Road
New Albany, IN 47150
If you feel as though this site’s privacy practices differ from the information stated, you may contact us at the listed address or phone number.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated policy and communicating with the owner of this site does not resolve the matter, or if you have general questions or concerns about privacy or information technology policy at Indiana University, please contact the chief privacy officer through the University Information Policy Office, 812-855-UIPO, email@example.com.