Attractive and flexible education
IU Southeast will provide educational experiences that attract students and meet their scheduling needs.
- Support student needs by offering flexible course offerings and modalities.
- Maintain a balance of course modalities by making data-driven scheduling decisions based on student satisfaction surveys and market needs assessment data while keeping within HLC/ICHE guidelines.
- Expand intersession and winter session course offerings.
- Expand 8-week courses in the first and second half of the semester that appeal to students with accelerated academic desires.
- Partner with local businesses to provide virtual and on-site education options.
- Improve the transfer student experience.
- Utilize the 21 Transfer Friendly Standards as a guide to improving the transfer system, application of transfer credit and transfer services.
- Create a more clearly defined process for students to get credit and information about prior learning assessment for all academic programs.
- Explore and expand opportunities to award credit for prior work experience.