Campus cultural growth
IU Southeast will continue the cultural growth of its campus community.
- Create an environment of cultural competence cultivating the ability to understand, communicate with and effectively interact with people across cultures.
- Provide continued diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) education to faculty and staff members.
- Create a DEI guest speaker series focused on faculty, staff and student matters.
- Support the cultural growth of students.
- Adopt an inclusive pedagogy framework, which focuses on universal design, engaging students in active learning and fostering a growth mindset.
- Monitor and enhance the use of Multicultural Center on campus as a place of belonging on campus.
- Continue to assist underrepresented students’ building of clubs and events to enhance sense of belongingness, shared mentorship and pride of place.
- Expand the diverse makeup of the campus community.
- Create and execute a hiring plan to increase the diversity of staff and faculty.
- Establish collaboration between the Office of Equity and Diversity and the Office of Human Resources to create employment feeder programs with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU), Hispanic Serving Institutions and non-HBCUs with high percentages of minority graduates.