Enhancing natural resources
IU Southeast will fully utilize its natural resources to support initiatives that further campus and University sustainability initiatives.
- Expand sustainability stewardship, practices and preservation of natural resources.
- Raise campus sustainability awareness by creating a dedicated webpage featuring academic programs, activities, events, projects, initiatives and clubs.
- Collaborate with the IU Environmental Resilience Institute to create a sustainability awareness community engagement plan.
- Develop a campus climate preparedness and resilience plan.
- Reduce energy consumption and carbon footprint through establishing a campus greenhouse gas emission reduction plan, converting all parking lot and walkway lighting to LED and installing two dual port electric vehicle charging stations in the Central parking lot.
- Increase local variety tree plantings and no mow zones.
- Develop energy consumption carbon neutrality plan.
- Obtain campus sustainability certifications.
- Achieve a STARS (Sustainability Tracking, Assessment and Rating System) rating of “silver” by the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE).
- Achieve the Tree Campus Higher Education designation by the Arbor Day Foundation.