IU Southeast will improve availability and visibility of high-impact practices to all students to increase retention.
- Increase availability of internship and other experiential opportunities to all students, particularly at-risk students.
- Lower internship credit hour requirements to be in-line with regional universities.
- Increase availability of zero credit hour internship opportunities.
- Seek new resources to fund these opportunities.
- Increase visibility of internship and other experiential learning opportunities to all students.
- Disseminate and document experiential opportunities that exist within individual programs on social media and the website.
- Integrate Career Development Center support to programs offering experiences through capstone classes, service hours and practicum hours.
- Ensure students are exposed to experiential learning in all degree programs through modalities that work for each program structure and hours requirements.
- Increase availability of mentorship opportunities.
- Develop short term mentoring through the Career Development Center.
- Facilitate digital mentoring to allow students and mentors to increase interaction.
- Begin a ‘2 plus 2’ mentoring program- first two years with campus mentors and second two years with community or employer mentors.
- Conduct several Collegiate Summer Institutes for all students who wish to attend, targeting at-risk students but ensuring they do not have to self-identify as part of an at-risk group.
- Expand student mentoring by implementing suggestions from the Crimson Ribbon Panel (e.g., broadening success coaching and increasing basic study skills).