The Psychology Department offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology that will allow students to demonstrate an understanding of psychological methodology while taking courses in the Sciences and having the opportunity to participate in applied experiences such as internships, research with Psychology faculty members, and research trips abroad.
University Credit Hour & Residency Requirements
All Baccalaureate degrees offered by IU Southeast requires a minimum of 120 credit hours and a minimum of 30 credit hours of upper-level coursework (300-level or above). No more than 64 credit hours earned in accredited junior/community colleges may be applied toward a Baccalaureate degree. The University Residency Requirement dictates that students must complete no less than 26 credit hours at IU Southeast during their senior year and no less than 10 credit hours of coursework in the major field of study.
Department of Psychology Residency Requirements
The Department of Psychology enforces the University Credit Hour & Residency Requirements with no additions.
General Education Core Requirements
In addition to the 30 cr. General Education Core students completing a Bachelor of Science degree are required to complete the following BS Distribution Requirements.
- Biological Science with lab (5 credits)
- Biological Science*
- Natural Science*
*One of these courses must have lab component attached
All IU Southeast Baccalaureate degrees require 30 credit hours of General Education Core coursework. Students must select a course(s) to satisfy each category listed below. View the list of courses that satisfy the General Education Core requirements.
- Information Literacy (1 credit)
- Written Communications I (3 credits)
- Written Communications II (3 credits)
- Oral Communications (3 credits)
- Ethical Reasoning/Diversity (3 credits)
- Natural Sciences (one lecture – 3 credits, one lab – 2 credits)
- Arts/Humanities(3 credits)
- Social Science(3 credits)
- General Education Additional Requirement (Art, Humanities, or Social Science) (3 credits)
Please note that several courses required for your Major may “double dip” with the general education core courses.
Bachelor of Science in Psychology Requirements
- Psychology (40 credit hours)
- Mathematics (3 credits)