The mission of the Staff Council at Indiana University Southeast is to represent non-academic staff in University matters, provide a support system and foster a benevolent, social bond among the staff. Any appointed CL, TE, LE or SM is invited to attend the meeting.
Council meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. in UC 126.
The purpose of the Staff Council at Indiana University Southeast at New Albany shall be to represent non-academic staff in the communication processes and the decision-making of the University and
- to increase the sense of identity, recognition and worth of each staff member in his / her relationship to the University,
- to identify concerns relating to staff and to seek their solutions,
- to provide a channel of communication for staff with administration and faculty,
- to promote the development and adoption of policies which will aid in retaining highly-qualified personnel,
- to integrate the staff into existing University affairs,
- to establish and promote University-wide activities, publications, workshops and seminars,
- to create a stronger bond within the support staff.
Additionally, Staff Council provides representation on administrative committees.
The Staff Council holds a silent auction every two years to sponsor activities such as
- book honorariums for staff who attend school,
- recognition events, such as the Legacy Award,
- staff appreciation events such as an Ice Cream Social and Hot Chocolate Social,
- sponsor a Tacky Sweater Contest at the Annual Holiday Party.