IU Southeast is a very student-centered, positive learning environment that values diversity.
Student Affairs supports the campus' strategic goal to strengthen and improve diversity by:
- Providing diversity-related student learning opportunities beyond the classroom;
- Advocating for and providing services to assist underrepresented and disadvantaged students;
- Promoting student interests by including students in policy decisions and planning processes;
- Developing programs that enhance student engagement and interaction between different groups or cultures;
- Fostering a sense of community that is characterized by mutual respect and appreciation of differences; and
- Increasing knowledge and understanding of diverse thoughts, cultures, and people.
Evidence that Student Affairs supports, strengthens, and improves diversity at IU Southeast: