Contact Student Central with questions about:
- Program fees
- Course-related fees
- Drop/add fees
- Schedule change fees
- Meal Plans
How to appeal a fee
If you drop a course or withdraw from all courses after the refund period due to significant or unusual circumstances, you have the right to submit an appeal of the fee refund policy. You must do so within one year of the end of the semester in which you dropped the course or withdrew from all courses.
After dropping the course or withdrawing, complete and submit the fee appeal policy form. Be sure to follow all instructions on the form.
What about those other fees?
Any time you register for classes, receive a housing assignment or meal plan, fail to return a library book, park in the wrong space, or do anything else that causes an IU department to charge you a fee, your student account will be charged.
If you need more information about these fees or want to dispute a fee, contact the office or department that charged the fee. For example:
- Contact Parking Operations about a parking fine
- Contact Housing about housing charges.
- Contact the IU Libraries about an overdue fine.
- Contact CrimsonCard about CrimsonCard charges
- Contact UITS about an IU eTexts Fee.
Fee Appeal Procedures
Students have the right to appeal the refund policy concerning credit hours and course related fees for up to one year if there is a significant or unusual circumstance that causes their withdrawal from classes after the usual refund period. The procedure for filing an appeal is:
- After withdrawal from class, email email@example.com to obtain the online fee appeal form.
- You must withdraw from classes before an appeal can be considered.
- In the case of illness, a medical form will need to be completed by your physician.
- The Appeal should be filled out with as much detail and back up as possible.
- If the late withdrawal is due to a death in the family, the student must submit proof, i.e. death certificate, news paper obituary, etc. We regret to have to require such backup, but past abuses of the fee appeal process have made it necessary.
- Any non-refundable fees on your bursar account must be paid in full before submitting the appeal.
- You will receive a confirmation to your IU email once the appeal is received. The appeal is then forwarded to the Refund Appeals committee for consideration.
- The Refund Appeals Committee meets twice a month.
- Once a committee decision has been rendered, you will receive a notification to your IU email.
For additional questions on the fee appeal process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.