Emergency loan monies have been made available to Indiana University Southeast through the generosity of Alumni and friends of the University.
The IU Southeast Emergency Loan Program assists students on an interim basis in meeting short-term educationally related expenses through a quick and convenient method of obtaining funds.
The prospective student borrower should obtain an emergency loan application at the Office of the Bursar (University Center South, Room 103) upon presentation of a currently valid IU Southeast Identification Card.
Upon completion of the application, the student will discuss the loan request with someone from the Bursar staff. If the loan is authorized, the funds can normally be obtained within two business days through the student's direct deposit account.
Students in need of long-term financial assistance should contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance for additional information.
Rule and Regulations
- Emergency loans will be made to students currently enrolled in six or more credit hours and who are in "good standing" with the University
- Students may borrow funds for any educationally related expense determined reasonable by the Bursar.
- Emergency loans may not be used to pay for tuition and fees.
- The student should be able to demonstrate ability to repay the loan within the prescribed period.
Generally, all loans will be due within thirty days from the date the loan is issued. Loans not repaid by the due date will be delinquent.
- At the time a loan becomes delinquent, transcripts will be withheld and future enrollment will not be allowed until full payment has been received
- A delinquent emergency loan may affect the borrower's credit rating and future ability to borrow.
A student may, at their option, and without penalty, repay all or any part of the loan before the established due date.
- Payment of each loan should be made at the Office of the Bursar (University Center South, Room 103).
- Emergency loans will be available to students one week after the beginning of classes each semester.
- All emergency loans will be due no later than one week before the last day of classes of the semester in which the loan is issued.
- Additional loans may be obtained only if previous loans have been repaid by the due date. A student may obtain only one emergency loan during a single semester.
Note: When a borrower does not repay loans, needy students may be unable to obtain loans because of a lack of funds.