Sweden, home of the Nobel Prize, is making waves in international education as one of the most progressive and innovative countries in the world. Travel to see—firsthand—a nation that’s often cited as a leader in both healthcare and social services.
Visit a global leader in healthcare and social services
Summer I 2023
May 20-31, 2023
$3,350 + 3 credits of tuition
- Open to all majors and students
- No pre-requisites or linguistic proficiency is necessary
- A total of 8–14 students will be accepted
Summer I Session (May 2023)
Explore south-central Sweden and Stockholm from May 20-31, 2023. Your objective is to seek a broader understanding and appreciation of how differently healthcare and social services are performed in Sweden.
This undergraduate or graduate class will allow you to attend morning lectures at the Institute for Gerontology at the University of Jӧnkӧping, followed by site visits to state-of-the-art care facilities in Sweden. The course will emphasize the health and care of older adults but will also cover care facilities and policies related to early childhood and parental leave.
In addition to coursework and site visits in Jönköping, the course also includes:
- A day trip to the beautiful nearby island of Visingsö
- A day trip to the historical village Asle Tå
- Two days in beautiful Stockholm that includes excursions, free time, and class
Choose one course
- PSY-P 454 - Field Research in International Psychology
- PSY-P 606 - Graduate Elective in Psychology
- NURS-Z 492 - Individual Study in Nursing
- NURS-J 692 - Independent Study in Nursing
- You are eligible for student status at IU Southeast and/or a sophomore or above at another IU campus or your respective university by the summer of 2023.
- Have approximately a 2.70 cumulative GPA and making normal academic progress.
Fees paid to IU (round-trip airfare, room, most meals, in-country transportation, excursions, workshops, health insurance) Indiana resident & nonresident: $3,350 + 3 credits of tuition.
Financial aid and scholarships may be used to defray some of the expenses. Additional details, scholarship information, and an application link will be available soon.
Housing varies by sites:
- Holiday villages
- Some hotels
- Group accommodations