Transfer applicants who have previously attended one or more community colleges, colleges, and/or universities must satisfy the following requirements:
- Applicants must submit official transcripts from all institutions previously attended. Applicants must demonstrate a cumulative college grade point average of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale and must be eligible to return to their previous college. Students who have been academically dismissed will not be eligible for admission to Indiana University Southeast based on the terms of their dismissal or suspension from their previous institution.
- To be considered a transfer student, students must have earned at least 12 college level credit hours from an approved institution of higher education. The student who has earned fewer than 26 college credit hours must comply with entering student admission requirements as detailed for freshmen admission.
- For applicants who have not attended a community college, college, or university within the past three years, admission can be based on factors such as maturity, work experience, and military service as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- Some Indiana University Southeast schools and academic programs may have higher standards and specific requirements for admissions to a particular program in addition to those mentioned here.
- The campus may, at its discretion, admit a student on a conditional basis and/or through faculty sponsorship.
Transfer students are required to submit official transcripts from all previously attended colleges. Transfer applicants are expected to have earned a cumulative college grade point average of 2.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale. Additionally, transfer applicants who have earned less than 26 semester hours of transfer credit are expected to meet the first year/freshman admission standards.
The Office of Admission, in conjunction with faculty, evaluates courses submitted for transfer credit according to several factors. These include the previous school’s accreditation, the content, level, and age of the course, and whether the credits are appropriate to an Indiana University Southeast degree program. Only courses in which a grade of C or higher is earned will transfer. Transfer credit may count toward meeting the requirements for a degree, but it will not count toward the IU Southeast grade point average. The Office of Admission makes an initial determination regarding the transferability and equivalency of courses submitted for transfer. Individual schools and departments at Indiana University Southeast determine how transferred credits will apply toward degree requirements.
Course equivalencies are maintained in transfer guides, program articulations, historical data, Indiana’s Core Transfer Library, and u.select. IU Southeast also works to ensure students are made aware of how their credits will transfer by advising students at the community college level or pre-transfer level on a regular basis.
Veterans may earn college credit for educational experiences in the armed services. A Joint Services Transcript (JST) should be submitted with the application materials for consideration. Visit https://jst.doded.mil/smart/signin.do to request your JST.
Credits earned while in high school (dual credit) will be evaluated in the same manner as transfer credit. Students are required to disclose they have taken such courses on their application and are required to submit official transcripts of all work to the admissions office.
Participating in the Partner’s Program guarantees Ivy Tech students admission to IU Southeast. You must complete the Partner’s requirements.
Partner’s Program (Ivy Tech CC)
Transfer Single Articulation Pathway (TSAP)
IU Southeast welcomes transfer students from JCTC and KCTCS! We offer two specialized programs to meet your individual needs. The “Bridges Program” offers guaranteed admission to those referred to JCTC or another KCTCS institution for additional academic preparation. “Crimson Advantage” is an automatic transfer program allowing JCTC students seamless transfer to IU Southeast at the completion of their associates degree to complete their bachelors degree at IU Southeast. Learn more about these exciting programs!