All FYS students who attend The Writing Center (TWC) orientation should be able to do the following:
- Locate basic information about TWC (hours, locations, phone number, and all ways that students can seek a writing conversation in TWC).
- Understand that writing consultations are free and require no appointment.
- Explain preparation for and the process of a writing center consultation.
- Understand how to locate TWC web site and utilize the resources within the different sections.
- Appreciate that TWC is a place where all students should come for friendly, constructive writing guidance and feedback for all writing projects.
- Understand the mission of TWC: “Stronger Writers, not Perfect Papers.”