- Please contact (812) 941-2386 for academic advising at HH 108B.
- Application Deadlines: December 1 and August 1
- Applications submitted by December 1: Applicant will be considered for the Spring Cohort.
- Applications submitted by August 1: Applicant will be considered for the Fall Cohort.
- Candidates accepted into the Special Education Program will be required to complete four major summative decision points.
- The Elementary Education Program accepts no more than 50 candidates each fall and spring semester. These candidates include both the Special Education Program and the Elementary Education Program.
- Have an overall GPA of 2.5 or better in each Content area (Language arts, math, social studies, science).
- All General Education courses (except COAS S104) and all Additional Program Requirement Courses must have grades of C or better.
- All Education courses must have grades of B- or better
- Completed Math T101 and F200.
- Completed Language Arts Content courses (SPCH-S121, ENG-W 131, 2nd writing, literature or Humanities) with minimum grades of C and minimum overall GPA of 2.5.
- Including current enrollment, candidates have a least 51 credit hours towards their General Education courses, Pre-Special Education courses and Additional Program Requirement Courses
- Have minimum CASA scores of Math 220, Reading 220, and Writing 220, or a Composite (CO) of 24 on the ACT, or a Total score of 1170 on SAT if taken after 3/1/16 or if taken prior to 3/1/16 a score of 1100 based on Math (MA) and Critical Reading (VE), or Praxis 1 scores of Math 175, Reading 176 and Writing 172 or a combined score of 527 if taken prior to 8/31/2018.
Please see the Bulletin for more detailed information