Associate Professor of English
English Graduate Coordinator
IU Southeast’s in-person Master of Arts in English provides broad training in the primary areas of English studies in a flexible format.
In this program, you will:
- Explore the core principles of writing and literature pedagogy.
- Study the linguistic structure and history of English literature.
- Learn a wide variety of reading strategies associated with genre and close reading.
- Gain skills and knowledge to conduct research.
- Develop analytical and presentation skills through the focused study of literature in a seminar format.
- Acquire an appreciation of current trends in the field of digital humanities.
The program is designed to be completed in 12 to 16 months, and is ideal for working professionals in local high schools and community colleges who need further training to satisfy Higher Learning Commission (HLC) teacher qualification standards.