Course Offerings - Finding Classes
There are three distinct ways to search for course offerings. The Advanced Search goes directly into the Student Record database and gives the most up-to-date information and the most dynamic search tools to narrow your selection. The Departmental Search is sometimes easier to browse for listings of entire departmental offerings.
Advanced Search (OneStart)
The Advanced Search located in OneStart is a real-time display of course availability and the open, closed, or waitlist status of individual classes.
- Day/Time [Choose "Start time and select Day of Week."]
- Instructor [Use the "Instructor Last Name" field.]
- Lab Course [Use the "class components" = laboratory search.]
- Location - Grad Center [Use the Graduate Course Career and search on "Location."]
- One-credit hour course? [Use the "minimum and maximum units" fields.]
- Subject, but I don't know course number [Use the Subject "search" feature. Example: HIST for History; then search]
- Web-delivered courses? [Use the "Mode of Instruction" feature, ask for "WEB" courses].
The Departmental Search reflects the schedule of classes data including course offering updates, as of the end of business the previous night. This version is designed primarily for students to assist in preparing for registration.