G-21. Collections, Donations, or Solicitations
All canvassing and solicitation on campus must have prior approval from the Office of Conference & Dining Services. This includes the following:
- Permission to display any materials, banners, or signs on the grounds.
- Subscriptions, memberships, and sales solicited by registered student organizations. Office-to-office canvassing is prohibited.
- Campaigns for charitable purposes at such times and in such a manner as not to interfere with university business and functions (Note exceptions below)
- By tradition, an annual canvas for charitable contributions to the United Way and Fund for the Arts has been permitted by campus volunteers.
- Faculty and staff are invited to participate in the appeals; however, there is no obligation to contribute.
- Table set-ups and activities that include fundraising for recognized student organizations.
The following are prohibited on campus:
- Advertisement or solicitation materials related to political party affiliation.
- Door-to-door sales or solicitation.
- Other solicitation on campus, unless contracted by the university.
- Flyers or notices placed on vehicles parked on campus.
- Use of university resources or facilities to assist in catalog or party sales or promotions.
- All other canvassing, peddling, or solicitation not approved by the Office of Conference & Dining Services.
The Office of Advancement must approve all off-campus monetary or tangible solicitations for campus benefit.