Upcoming Play Auditions
Virtual / Short film production of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet
|Production Dates||Audition Dates||Callbacks|
|TBD*||We will be accepting digital audition materials September 21st–26th||Callbacks will be held virtually on September 27th|
*The performances will be streamed at the end of November / beginning of December. Check back in the beginning of November for specific dates and times.
About the Production:
Romeo and Juliet’s tragic love story is one that have been told through the ages and now will be told through the lenses of a new updated modern production. This production will explore the technological, societal, and pandemic impacts on the youth of America.
This production will be a virtual / short film production and as such rehearsals will be conducted online through Zoom. Once completed this production will be streamed at the end of November and beginning of December.
Audition Information and Requirements
- Please complete the audition form.
- Please attach the following items to the form above:
- A Current Headshot and Theatre Resume
- Please upload a video audition of one memorized Shakespeare monologue.
- This monologue may be comic or serious but should be delivered in a natural tone.
- All video should be a minimum of 60 seconds but not to exceed 2 minutes in length.
- Please do not use any material from Romeo and Juliet in your audition.
- Full instructions for recording and uploading this video can be found at the web address above.
Auditions are open to the public. Every effort is made to cast the best and/or most appropriate actor for each role for each show. However, since we are first a foremost an institution of higher learning, it is often necessary to consider the needs of our students in order to further educational goals. Those who are cast, regardless of whether they are a member of the IU Southeast student body or a member of the general public, are expected to attend all rehearsals and perform all performances.