Essentials is a prevention education program intended for incoming students. It covers the three most significant behavioral risks new college students face: alcohol, illicit and prescription drugs, and sexual violence. Structured around a motivational self-assessment in each area, Essentials incorporates audio, video, and interactive tools and lessons to teach students key concepts and skills. A follow-up assessment gives administrators a window on student risks and consequences throughout the term.
Part I: Essentials Program Instructions (60-90 minutes)
You have been pre-registered with MyStudentBody and when you first login through One.IU, you will be asked for additional information to complete your secure profile.
- Go to One.IU; type “msb” under Search, Click, Done! Text box and search; click the link for MyStudentBody that bares the MyStudentBody.com icon.
- Review and accept the terms of service.
- Enter the requested information on the demographic page. For questions on “race”, “ethnicity”, and “veteran’s status”, please choose the option “Choose not to disclose.” IU maintains this information internally and has chosen not to request it.
- Click “Continue” to begin the Essentials Course.
- You will find the Essentials program under student view. Please click on “Take Now” to begin.
- Watch the intro video and begin. Complete all three modules: alcohol, drugs, and sexual violence by the first day of class. You must receive a test score of 70% or higher on each module in order to receive a completion certificate. Your responses will be completely confidential. You will have unlimited attempts to complete the course.
Note: You must complete the questionnaire, pre-quiz, module material, and post-test for each of the three modules.
- Upon completing all three modules, please print your certificate of completion. There is also an option to email the certificate to yourself or an instructor.
- You will also be asked to complete a course survey.
Thanks for participating with the MyStudentBody Essentials program. If you have any questions concerning how to access the program, please contact Campus Life, UC 010, or (812) 941-2316.
Click Site Help at the bottom of every screen on MyStudentBody to get answers to common questions.
Part II: Follow-Up Assessment (10 minutes)
You will receive an email 60 days after you complete the course asking you to log in to MyStudentBody and complete the 10-minute assessment. Please fill out the assessment as soon as possible. The information learned from the follow-up assessment will help improve educational programs on our campus.
Important: Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of approved senders to make sure the follow-up email reaches you.