Mission and Vision
"To Excel in Scientific Education and Research"
"To provide an excellent science, mathematics, and computing education through teaching, scholarship and service."
The mission is enhanced by:
- providing programs that emphasize excellent teaching by committed, dedicated faculty;
- providing effective mentoring for our majors so that our dedicated students can better achieve their full potential;
- having ongoing research or creative scholarship efforts that expose our students and others to the exciting world of discovery;
- delivering to students the benefits of analytical, communication, problem solving, and critical thinking skills that are necessary for life-long learning;
- assuming the role of regional science, mathematical, and computing leadership through university service efforts, technical assistance to local schools, organizations, and businesses; the visiting scientist series; continuing education; and many other service-related contributions;
- fostering an educational environment and support services where students with a wide range of abilities can receive training and become proficient in science, mathematics, and computing;
- providing stimulating academic surroundings for traditional and non-traditional students that extend beyond the campus to encompass the entire region.