Welcome to Social Sciences
The School of Social Sciences includes those fields of study dealing with scientific explanations of human interaction. We offer seven exciting fields of study:
- Criminology and Criminal Justice (B.S.): the study of crime and the criminal justice system.
- History (B.A.): the study of change and continuity in human societies over time.
- International Studies (B.A.): an interdisciplinary major equipping students to live and work in a globalized world.
- Journalism (B.A.): the study of the social, political, psychological, historical and economic impact of the mass media.
- Political Science (B.A.): the study of governments and how they function.
- Psychology (B.A. and B.S.): the scientific study of behavior processes.
- Sociology (B.A.): the scientific study of human society and social behavior.
Faculty of the School of Social Sciences are dedicated to providing our students with the educational tools that will enable them to become the leaders of tomorrow. Each program provides students with a challenging curriculum where students learn the skills that today's employers demand, such as written and oral communication, critical thinking, and teamwork. Our graduates are employed at all levels of government, at non-profit agencies, and at businesses of all kinds.
Please feel free to stop in at Crestview Hall and see us!
Dean, School of Social Sciences