Microsoft Office Specialist
What is Microsoft® Office Specialists ?
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) is a valuable credential that recognizes the desktop computing skills needed to use the full features and functionality of the Microsoft Office suite. In the worldwide job market, Microsoft Office Specialist is the primary tool companies use to validate the proficiency of their employees in the latest productivity tools and technology, helping them select job candidates based on globally recognized standards for verifying skills. The results of an independent research study show that businesses with certified employees are more productive compared to non-certified employees and that certified employees bring immediate value to their jobs.
In academia, certification can be effectively used to demonstrate increases in academic preparedness and workforce readiness.
Individuals seek certification to increase their own personal sense of accomplishment and to create advancement opportunities by establishing a leadership position in their school or department, thereby differentiating their skill sets in a competitive college admissions and job market.
MOS Series exams are proctored exams, and must be taken at a Microsoft Certified Exam Provider, like at IU Southeast.
Office 2010 Certification Tracks
- The Microsoft® Office Specialist core certification validates skills with the Microsoft® Office 2010 suite. Candidates can achieve the core MOS 2010 credential by passing any one of the following exams: Word 2010, Excel® 2010, PowerPoint® 2010, Access® 2010, Outlook® 2010, Project 2010, SharePoint® 2010,
- Microsoft® Office Expert certification validates advance skills in specific Microsoft® Office applications. Gaining the Expert credential requires that a candidate pass either of the following exams: Word 2010 Expert & Excel® 2010 Expert
- The Microsoft® Office Master certification denotes fluency in several important Microsoft® Office applications. To achieve this highest designation, a candidate must pass THREE required exams and ONE elective exam: Required - Word 2010 Expert, Excel® 2010 Expert, PowerPoint® 2010 Elective - Access® 2010 or Outlook® 2010
Office 2007 Certification Tracks
- Using Microsoft® Office Word 2007
- Using Microsoft® Office Excel 2007
- Using Microsoft® Office PowerPoint 2007
- Using Microsoft® Office Outlook 2007
- Using Microsoft® Office Access 2007
- Windows Vista® for the Business Worker
How can I take the test at IU Southeast?
To take the exam at IU Southeast:
- Complete the registration form.
- Pay the exam fee at Office of the Bursar University Center South Room 103.
- Schedule the exam.
Currently, the exam is available by appointment only. To schedule the exam, please contact: Ranida Harris email@example.com (812) 941-2324.
Before taking the test, please register as a test candidate at www.certiport.com. You may also find more information regarding the exam objectives and how to prepare for the test from the website.
Benefits of MOS
For employment seekers:
- Differentiates and helps job candidates get hired. Research shows not only do Microsoft Office Specialists find work faster, they also earn up to 12% more than individuals who are not certified
- Provides a firm measure that validates Microsoft Office training
- Gives credibility and substance to work skills
For those focused on career advancement:
- Increases salary potential. Research shows 82% of certified Microsoft Office Specialists report a salary increase after certification
- Sets company advancers apart as a desktop computing experts in their organizations
- Provides career opportunities. 88% of managers report Microsoft Office certification gives employees an advantage in hiring and promotion, which means greater earning power, respect, and recognition
- Provide a professional credential recognized around the world
- Help earn cost-effective college credit
- Demonstrate computing efficiency essential in the workplace