The Institute for Learning and Teaching Excellence (ILTE) offers resources and professional development opportunities to support the mission, vision, and strategic goals of Indiana University Southeast. We contribute to the success of faculty, staff, and students by promoting a learner-centered community that supports teaching and learning excellence in a collaborative environment.
Using a multi-faceted approach, we:
- Advocate for enhanced student learning;
- Provide opportunities to pursue professional development and improvement of teaching by offering workshops and symposia and fostering a culture of collegiality and excitement about teaching/learning excellence on campus;
- Help faculty take advantage of rapidly changing technology that is pedagogically proven to enhance student learning;
- Integrate adjunct faculty into professional development opportunities;
- Assist faculty in developing effective strategies for selecting learning objectives, establishing effective course activities and assignments, and assessing student outcomes;
- Increase faculty awareness of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) research, their use of SoTL research in designing courses, and their development of SoTL projects.