Research Compliance for Human (IRB) and Animal Subjects
Policies & Procedures Involving Animal Subjects
- U.S. Government Principles for the Utilization and Care of Vertebrate Animals Used in Testing, Research, and Training (PDF)
Reporting Concerns Involving the Care and Use of Animals at IU Southeast
Human Subjects Research (Institutional Review Board)
Effective July 1, 2015, review of human subjects research at all eight IU campuses is facilitated by the IU Human Subjects Office (HSO). All submissions to the IRB are made via KC IRB, the web-based system for entry and management of IRB submissions.
Training and forms that need to be completed before your IRB application is submitted:
Once you sign in you may need to "add a course or update learning groups". If so, select Social/Behavioral Researcher course.
Click on "Research-Related Financial Interest Disclosure Form", log in, read page and scroll to the bottom of the page, click on "yes" and then "continue", provide the information requested and answer the questions, affirm your information and then submit.
To Complete Your IRB Application
- To start a new IRB application go to One.IU and access "KC IRB" "All IRB Services"
- For step by step instructions to complete your IRB application access: http://researchcompliance.iu.edu/hso/hs_elearning.html
- Frequently Asked Questions page may also provide useful information.
- For information regarding IRB policies and procedures, submission requirements, and contact information, please visit the IU Human Subjects Office website.
For questions about research with human subjects or the IRB process, please contact HSO or the IU Southeast IRB liaison: