Researching Organizations as Part of your Job Search
- Human Rights Campaign: Gen EQ Guide to Entering the Workforce: A downloadable PDF resource for young people transitioning into the workforce, includes an exploration of your values, researching organizations, resume and interviewing tips, and resources and tips for being out at work.
- Indiana Competes: Business coalition to protect LGBT people working in the state of Indiana
- Kentucky Competitive Workforce Coalition: A list of Kentucky companies and organizations that have indicated they are LGBT-inclusive
- Cities and Counties Offering an LGBT Non-Discrimination Ordinance: Browse through this national list to see if the organizations you’re researching are located in cities or counties with a non-discrimination ordinance
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index: A national listing of major businesses with the “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality” distinction
LGBT Job Sites
- ProGayJobs : A national site dedicated to helping the LGBT job seeker find "safe" employment
Resume Writing and Interviewing Strategies
- Full disclosure: Revealing sexual orientation on a CV: BBC article highlighting tips and strategies for disclosing on a resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Job Search Advice for LGBT Job Seekers: Glassdoor blog post featuring advice from a nationally recognized LGBT career expert and a Career Development professional
- 5 Illegal Interview Questions and How to Dodge Them: Article from The Muse about illegal interview questions and how to respond
Connecting with LGBT Professionals
- Louisville LGBT Business and Professional Network: A group of active business professionals who meet regularly in Louisville.
- Professional Networking Meetups in Louisville: A comprehensive list of professional networking meetups happening across Louisville, includes specific interest areas, career fields and peer-to-peer networking.
Coming out on the Job
- Human Rights Campaign: Coming out at Work: A website dedicated to the decision on whether to come out at work, includes questions to ask yourself and tips, a glossary of terms, blog posts and videos.
- Human Rights Campaign: A Resource Guide to Coming Out: A downloadable and comprehensive PDF guide to coming out at work.
- Lambda Legal: National legal organization whose mission is to raise recognition of LGBT civil issues through impact litigation, education and public policy work.
- ACLU of Indiana: The American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana is headquartered in Indianapolis and protects the rights of citizens and groups against government entities.
- ACLU of Kentucky: The American Civil Liberties Union of Kentucky is headquartered in Louisville and protects the rights of citizens and groups against government entities.
- Kentucky Fairness Campaign: Part of a coalition aimed at passing a statewide Fairness law that protects Kentucky citizens from discrimination in employment, housing and public accommodations.
- What you should know about EEOC and the enforcement protections for LGBT workers: The EEOC upholds protections for job applicants, employees and former employees through Title VII’s prohibition of sex discrimination, regardless of contrary state and local laws.