Steps in the Process
I want to find an internship
- Your search for an internship should begin at least one semester prior to your desired start time.
- Search for opportunities on the CareerLink job board as well as other job search sites.
To get started on your search, set up an appointment to meet with your career coach. Appointments can be in-person, over the phone or virtual.
I want to see if my job or internship qualifies
- Your current position or internship may qualify if it is a new position or recent promotion, you are working on a special project, or you have recently taken on new responsibilities.
- Your internship must be related to your major and/or your future career plans.
- The position cannot be more than 30% clerical.
- The number of internship credit hours earned is based on the number of work hours devoted per week to the new project/position/job duties.
Set up an appointment to meet with your career coach. Paperwork appointments are approximately 15 minutes in length.
Complete the internship placement form by clicking the Add New Experience button and attach your position description.