Listed below are a number of excellent resources to assist veterans as they transition from military to civilian careers.
Match Your Military Skills to Civilian Careers
- Military Skills Translator
- Use this to 'Crosswalk' from your military title to find comparable civilian careers
- The 'Transferability of Skills' Strategy
Resume Center Tips from Military.com:
General Employment and Job Search Tip Sites
- VeteranEmployment.com - The first place to look for veteran jobs. In partnership with Monster.com, veterans, active duty, guard and reserve can search for thousands of jobs for veterans from employers who value military experience. Plus a special section for security clearance jobs.
- Service Members – Key to Career Success from America's CareerOneStop
- DOL-Veterans Services-Transition Assistance Program (TAP) Information
- Humana Veterans Talent Network - Humana is one of the companies across the nation that have committed to putting 1,000 Veterans back to work. This veteran-specific site allows you to sign up for job alerts and search for positions.
Local Veteran Contacts In Kentuckiana
Indiana WorkOne Veterans Services
Indiana Veteran's Services Website
New Albany Contacts:
Kentucky Office of Employment Training Veterans Services