The IU Southeast School of Education accepts applications on a rolling basis. Applications are accepted anytime and reviewed up until ten days before the term begins.
- Carefully review all admission requirements for your program of interest. You are required to fill out the Advising Form and email it to Dr. Lisa Hoffman firstname.lastname@example.org. She will confirm receipt of the form, may ask additional information or request a phone conversation with you. If necessary, a meeting will be scheduled.
For questions about the Master of Science in Education with a major in secondary education, contact Dr. Lisa Hoffman at email@example.com or (812) 941-2137. You may request to meet in person for advising.
- Complete online application. A $40 graduate application fee is assessed when applying to the program. If a previous graduate application fee was paid the fee may be waived. To determine if fee is to be waived, contact Mary Ann Wild, record specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 941-2388.
- On the Uploads Tab, upload a personal statement that identifies your academic goals, career objectives and why you are applying to this program.
Use the prompts 1 and 2 to guide you in writing your personal statement/admission essay (approximately 500 words). This should be uploaded as attached document when you submit your application online. Prompt #1. Review the School of Education (SOE) teaching disposition(s) below. In your essay, identify and discuss a) 2 teaching dispositions you practice best, and b) 2 teaching dispositions you want to improve as you pursue your graduate study.
Include specific examples based upon your professional experiences.
School of Education (SOE) Teaching Dispositions
Teachers will: 1. Respect the accepted legal and ethical norms and values of education. 2. Effectively interact and collaborate with others and foster similar behaviors among students. 3. Commit to diversity through equitable treatment and respect for all individuals. 4. Exhibit personal management behaviors valued by the professional education community. 5. Exhibit enthusiasm and respect for education as a practice and a profession. 5. Commit to continuous self-evaluation and personal improvement. 7. Are committed to the belief that all children can learn.
Prompt #2. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work completed at institutions other than an IU school. A 2.5 GPA for all undergraduate course work, 3.0 GPA for all graduate course work is required.
- Also on the Uploads Tab, upload a copy of current teaching license or statement of eligibility. (Emergency license not acceptable.)
Please send all completed materials to:
Mary Ann Wild, Records Specialist
IU Southeast School of Education
Hillside Hall 108A
4201 Grant Line Road
New Albany, IN 47150