About the Library
IU Southeast Library's mission, vision, and values
The Indiana University Southeast Library empowers and serves its communities by facilitating lifelong learning through physical and digital collections, services, and programs, and is an active partner in the teaching, learning, and research missions of the campus.
Our Vision Statement
The IU Southeast Library will be recognized as an inclusive, patron-focused organization that inspires and facilitates lifelong learning. We will excel in meeting the information needs of our communities through robust, diverse, and accessible physical and digital collections, while also preserving and enhancing collaborative physical spaces that support the social infrastructure of our communities. The Library will continue being a leader in the development of information-literate graduates and citizens. Our patrons will have positive and meaningful experiences through interactions with Library employees, spaces, programs, services, and collections. We will partner with our local and global communities to meet academic, cultural, economic, environmental, and information needs through responsible, sustainable practices.
- Serving Diverse Communities: Our patrons include students, faculty, staff, and community members of all ages, regionally, nationally and globally.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA): Exemplified through hiring, collections, partnerships, and programming.
- Sustainability: Meeting the social, economic, and environmental needs of present patrons without compromising the needs of future patrons.
- Compassionate Service through Servant Leadership: We recognize and value that each patron interaction is an opportunity for both meaningful experience and learning.
- Community: Fostering community through inclusive, accessible, safe, and flexible spaces that support social infrastructure.
- Culture of Information Literacy: Creating information-literate citizens who recognize and value the ethics of information usage.
- Partnerships: Bringing together campus, regional, and global organizations.