NB: All items and request forms must be received in the Library a minimum of two weeks prior to the date that items are needed by students.
Instructions for submitting Course Reserves
- Complete the electronic Course Reserves Request Form for each item to be placed on Reserve.
- Bring personally owned items to the Library Service Desk (LB-200).
Course Reserves Policies
- Reserves are a means for instructors to make physical media available to students for short-term checkout periods: 2 hours, 24 hours, 4 days, or 7 days.
- Only items owned by the IU Southeast Library or supplied by instructors may be placed on Reserve. Items owned by other libraries, including other Indiana University libraries cannot be placed on reserve. If the Library does not own needed items, instructors may complete a Purchase Request Form for review.
- All personal items placed on Reserve are done so at the instructor's risk: the IU Southeast Library is not responsible for replacing or compensating for lost or damaged items.
- If submitting student papers, please review the Policy on Accepting Student Papers for Reserve.
- Only original media materials or licensed copies with proof of permission will be accepted.
Print Course Reserve Materials may be checked out at the Service Desk. You need to know your instructor's name and the course number. Depending upon the type of reserve your instructor set up you may check out materials for 2 hours, overnight, 4-days or 7-days using your CrimsonCard.
There are fines if materials are returned late:
- 2 Hour Reserve - $ 1.00 per hour until item is returned.
- Overnight, 4-Day, 7-Day Reserves - $1 per day until item is returned.
Questions? Call the Library Service Desk (812) 941-2485. Or contact Christopher Proctor, Coordinator of Access Services.