Print Course Reserve Materials may be checked out at the Circulation Desk. You need to know your instructor's name and the course number. Depending upon the type of reserve your instructor set up you may check out materials for 2 hours, overnight, 4-days or 7-days using your IU Southest UCard.
There are fines if materials are returned late:
- 2 Hour Reserve — $ 1.00 per hour until item is returned.
- Overnight, 4-Day, 7-Day Reserves — $1 per day until item is returned.
Fill out a Course Request Form for each item you wish to place on Reserve. Bring the forms and materials to the Library Circulation Desk (LB-200).
- Policy on Accepting Student Papers for Reserve
- Calendar for Course Reserves (Course Reserve materials are typically due in the Library a week before the semester/summer session begins in order to ensure availability during the first week of classes):
- Fall Semester 2015 -- Monday August 17, 2015
- Spring Semester 2016 -- Monday January 4, 2016
- Summer Sessions 2016 -- Wednesday May 4, 2016
The following policies are in effect for course reserve materials submitted to the IU Southeast Library Reserves desk:
- Reserves are a means for instructors to make hard-copy media (e.g., books, DVDs) available to their students for short-term checkout: 2-hour, 24-hour, 4-days, or 7-days.
- Reserves are for a single semester. If an item is to be retained for the next semester, a new request form needs to be filled out.
- Requested in-print titles, which are not owned by the IU Southeast Library, will be referred to the appropriate subject liaison for purchase consideration.
- IU Southeast Library will only place items on reserve that are owned by the library or supplied by the instructor. Other libraries' books cannot be placed on reserve. This includes materials from other IU Libraries.
- Personal copies of books or A/V materials are placed on reserve at the instructor's risk.
- IU Southeast Library will not accept student papers without a completed permissions form.
- Only original media materials, or licensed copies with proof of permission, will be accepted for reserves.